cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Blank Development

ssharma-2
4-Participant

Blank Development

Not able to develop blank or flat form for this model.

Kindly help...!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Maybe it's better to use special application for this purpose, such as BlankWorks...

ssharma-2
4-Participant
(To:Vladimir_G)

But i have to do it in Creo Parametric Only.

I don't believe that flattening a quilt will give you a trustworthy result, because the shape of the blank in this case depends on the origin point and datum points on the quilt boundary, you have chosen. And, I should say, it changes dramatically.

ssharma-2
4-Participant
(To:Vladimir_G)

Actully i wanted to learn the process of developing blank for this component, as this is a parasolid format file.

i'm not worrying about the resulting flat form.

i'll be very thankful if you can provind me the flat form model of this component done in creo.

Shashank...

You're asking for the part to be remodeled in Creo and then flattened? This is a pretty tall order. First, the piece is sufficiently complex that you're going to need an expert sheet metal person to perform this work. Then, you'll need a detailed explanation of how each tricky section is handled and why certain techniques are used in these situations.

Are you also looking for tips on how to model this in Creo? If so, you could write a 100-page manual on how to complete this part and that might only be scratching the surface. As Vladimir mentioned, you might be able to create this part using a flattened quilt but the flattened geometry would likely not be very accurate.

To create this part in sheet metal would take a high degree of skill and quite a bit of time. Or maybe I am misunderstanding what you're after. What level of support are you looking for on this piece?

Thank you!!

-Brian

ssharma-2
4-Participant
(To:BrianMartin)

Hi Brian,

thanks for your revert, my obejective is to understand how i can manage such type of models in Creo Parametric.

as i'll get similer kind of models in cad neutral formats and i need to generate flat form of those models.

i've seen that this is pretty much easy in UG and other cad systems. but i want to know what is the best practice in creo parametric for devloping blank for such components.

Thanks

ssharma-2
4-Participant
(To:ssharma-2)

one more thing, i'll be thankful if you could provide me the flattened geometry using a flattened quilt.

as i dont want accurate geometry, but something which is possible.

All I can say Shashank is... if UG or NX or SolidWorks can do it easily, then I've missed it.

I absolutely cannot believe any of these packages can import an X_T model and flatten them with ease. This model has rounds on top of rounds on top of more rounds... and sometimes without maintaining full tangency. Even if I turn this into a thin surface, I cannot unfold it without breaking it up into pieces.

There's likely some sopecialized software out there that can handle this, but this requires a good deal of work in Creo. I could have sworn to have seen some quick flattening tool in Creo Direct Modeling but I cannot find it now... and maybe I was just hallucinating.

This requires several hours of work in Creo. If another package can do it with the push of a button, let me know... I'm sure my employer will want to buy it!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags