cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Blends-getting rid of twists-start point is not there!

bpenza
5-Regular Member

Blends-getting rid of twists-start point is not there!

In experimenting with some simple BLENDS, I often find unwanted twists in the finished Blend between sections. This is easy to fix by dragging the start point on the section.

When I create Blends from existing sketch sections, this works fine.

However, when I create BLENDS and then create sections inside the blend, there is no sign of the start point. Without the start point, I cannot fix the unwanted twists.

Does anyone else experience this? Should I just recommend to my class (high school) that they create Blends from existing sketches? Or is there a way to get the start point to appear on Blends with internally defined sketch sections?

Thanks for help on this.

-Brett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Brett,

you have to split elliptical sketches into several pieces. This way you will get extra vertices on them and you can set start point according your requirements.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Brett,

if you want to change start point inside internal sketch, then select vertex, press right mouse button and use Start point command from floating menu.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
bpenza
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Martin,

Thanks for responding. I have seen that menu before. Problem is that I'm doing a blend with two elipses. I can't seem to find that menu when I right click on the vertex of the elipse. This is what I get.

creoimage.jpg

Brett,

you have to split elliptical sketches into several pieces. This way you will get extra vertices on them and you can set start point according your requirements.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
bpenza
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Okay, that helps a lot. Thanks very much Still, it is kind of strange that selecting already sketched elipse sections doesn't seem to require this. But, in any case. Thanks again, for the support.

-Brett.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags