cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Boundary blend curvature going backwards :-(

David_M
5-Regular Member

Boundary blend curvature going backwards :-(

Hi

I have an interesting one today. My boundary blend almost works, but when I apply curvature this happens...

backwards.png

For reference, it should look like this:

forwards.png

It just flips over when I apply teh curvature connection. Can anyone help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

be aware every lack of contunuity in your curves - i.e extra points, curves which consist of several pieces will invoke problem with tangency like the one introduced by you. it better to use splines, conics are, single elements for curve

anyway - creo gives you control over the direction of created automaticaly tangency

in dashboard of boundary blend tool swith to Constraints tab, and next pick Display Drag Handles.

As a result control arrows will be displayed with default value 1. please pull this arrow to invert tangency direction or simply change value to -1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello David,

Can you add your model for download and check the curves.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:David_M)

Will you share it

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:David_M)

Will you share it

be aware every lack of contunuity in your curves - i.e extra points, curves which consist of several pieces will invoke problem with tangency like the one introduced by you. it better to use splines, conics are, single elements for curve

anyway - creo gives you control over the direction of created automaticaly tangency

in dashboard of boundary blend tool swith to Constraints tab, and next pick Display Drag Handles.

As a result control arrows will be displayed with default value 1. please pull this arrow to invert tangency direction or simply change value to -1

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags