cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

'Boxed' text in symbol?

raviles
4-Participant

'Boxed' text in symbol?

Folks,

I'm trying to define a symbol that includes 'boxed' variable text in a note. I define the note with the '\' prefix & suffix. But when I place the symbol and try to enter @[100-T@] to replace the @[NOTE@] in the note, I get an error as shown in the attached picture. Does anyone have any ideas to get around this, or am I doing it wrong?

Best regards,

Ray Aviles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ray,

If I gather this correctly, you're using a "symbol" that has some variable text built into it.

While applying the symbol, you're modifying the text attributes within the symbol dialogue box with drawing note editing language.

If so, I don't believe it was meant to work that way with symbols.

So to answer you from your original post, I believe need to find a different approach.

FYI, it has been my experience when you attach files other than image files, they are automatically "zipped" by the web page software.

Not my doing....

Ron

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

did you define your symbol with variable text?

if so, then you can change what you want under the tab "variable text" as you are placing your boxed note.

I don't have an example for a box text but I do have one we use for revision balloons

(for this example, you will have to define how many characters before you can modify the text)

Ron

raviles
4-Participant
(To:RonSt.Pierre)

Ron,

Yes, I defined the note text like so: \NOTE\. But when I inserted the symbol and changed the variable text to @[PART ORIGIN@], I get the error. Prefixing text with @[, and ending it with @] works fine in standard notes and produces a nice box around the note text.

BTW, the attached file was compressed with 7-zip.

Best regards,

Ray Aviles

Ray,

If I gather this correctly, you're using a "symbol" that has some variable text built into it.

While applying the symbol, you're modifying the text attributes within the symbol dialogue box with drawing note editing language.

If so, I don't believe it was meant to work that way with symbols.

So to answer you from your original post, I believe need to find a different approach.

FYI, it has been my experience when you attach files other than image files, they are automatically "zipped" by the web page software.

Not my doing....

Ron

@[NOTE@]

THIS WIL MAY BE HELP U TRY

BELOW IS THE SNAP SHOT HOW IT WIL COMEex_01.JPG

raviles
4-Participant
(To:mmasanakatti)

Thank you for the suggestion, but that is exactly what I am doing. Except that I'm trying to use this syntax in a symbol. Apparently, standard Note formatting code doesn't work in symbols.

I guess I wasn't thinking about the correct forum to post this question in, as it is so close to the end of the year. I posted the question here because I'm trying to document a machining process.

Thanks,

Ray Aviles

@[NOTE@]

THIS WIL MAY BE HELP U TRY

BELOW IS THE SNAP SHOT HOW IT WIL COMEex_01.JPG

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags