cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALLOUT_FORMAT in *.hol files

Level 11

CALLOUT_FORMAT in *.hol files

Hi,

I can't found information about the option DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA.

You can place this option in your *.hol file and then you can define different CALLOUT_FORMAT for different hole types.

Here is a short example:

DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA

HOLE_TYPETHREADDRILLED_DEPTHTHREAD_DEPTHCSINKCBOREEXIT_CSINKCALLOUT_FORMAT
TAPPEDYESVARVARNONONO&Screw_Size
TAPPEDYESVARVARYESNONO&Screw_Size 1

This is a very nice functionality. But I cant find this option in the PTC documentation. Is this a hidden option?

Thanks!

Oli

29 REPLIES 29

Re: CALLOUT_FORMAT in *.hol files

Hi Oliver,

This seems like a really nice option, have you tried it?

If yes on which version of proe have you done so?

At the moment I've got a set of standard note which I keep changing for every different type of hole very labor intensive and prone to human error.

I look forward to learn more about this.

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

yes I have tried this option. It works well in WF4 and WF5. I haven't tried this for lower versions of Pro/ENGINEER.

Attached you find a example. There are 52 different hole types defined in this file. I only have used a consecutive number at the moment. But you can try it with this file and then place the note you need in the column CALLOUT_FORMAT.

I haven't found any documentation about this feature - and it is in deed a really nice feature. So I don't know if this also is supported for newer releases of Pro/ENGINEER.

Regards

Oli

Highlighted

Thank you for this. I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks. The closest I got was creating separate files for tapped, counterbored and countersinked.

Hi Martin,

don't mention it. As soon as I get information from PTC I will post it in our group B&W Software.

Regards

Oli

Has anyone found more information or documenation regarding this feature? I can't find any mention of it in any of the PTC documenation.

Hi Alex,

I have opened a call for this (C07955386) at PTC. But but without any success. I still wait for information about this.

DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA is a very nice feature. But I also can't find any information about this. As soon as I get information I will post it in our group (B&W Software).

Regards

Oli

Hi,

I'm very intersting. This feature could be nice in the hole table.

Best regards

Hi Pierre,

you are right. This is a very nice feature. But you don't get any support information about this from PTC. So I'am not sure if we should use this or not. For now it works very well. But what is with newer versions of Pro/ENGINEER or Creo Elements/PRO?

As soon as I have news I will post it here or in our group.

Regards,

Oli

Hello,

today I received an email with a PDF from PTC support.

In this PDF you find detailed information about the option DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA.

So I think we now can use this functionality.

Ciao

Oli