Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALLOUT_FORMAT in *.hol files

Re: CALLOUT_FORMAT in *.hol files

I copied the file to the "hole_parameter_file_path" directory (see attached). Is this the correct thing to do?

I am not sure what my "Creo" directory is. directory.JPG

Hi Luke,

first you have to make sure that you change the hole files in the correct location.

Remove a file from the hole_parameter_file_path_location which you do not have in the Creo hole directory.

You will find the Creo holes in the directory <CREO>\text\hole

There you will find this files:

• ISO.hol
  • ISO_7.hol
  • NPT.hol
  • NPTF.hol
  • UNC.hol
  • UNF.hol

After removing the file restart Creo and check if it is really not available.

Then we will go on.

Oli

Thank you Oliver.

I can now see changes in Creo caused by me removing files from my hole_parameter_file_path_location. It seems like I have to move the file out of the location, and then back in in order for the change to register.

I can now see your A_DIN13 holes from my Creo dropdown menu.

This solves my main problem. I will keep playing with the settings now (according to your previous instructions), and see if I cannot get the hole notes how I want them.

Hi Oliver,

Actually where DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA is located at. I am not able to find its location to edit it.

Can you help me out for sorting out this problem

Regards

Siva Vinil Krishna .K

Hi Siva,

the DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA is located at the end of the *.hol file.

Find an example here:

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/163090-26583/A_DIN13-1.hol.zip

Regards,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I did try to place the A_DIN13-1 in the model and it was sucessful but still i am not able to edit note as i needed because i am not able find the link of getting into hole chart and edit CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA. I have read the document about the formatting table which u have shared in earlier discussions but I am missing the loop of getting into the hole chart.Can you kindly help me to sort this problem.

Regards

Siva Vinil Krishna .K

Hi Siva,

you find the CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA at the end of the file A_DIN13-1.hol.

There you can edit the note for each possible type of hole.

Regards,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Kindly help me out how to open the A_DIN13-1.hol. file. IS that is opened in the notepad and then edited because this is first time i am listening about .hol files. This can also be one of the reason i a not able to find CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA

Regards

Siva Vinil Krishna .K

Hi Siva,

you can open the *.hol files with notepad or any other text editing program.

Regards,

Oliver

Does anyone know if there is a way to edit the thread note call out for a cosmetic thread? editing the ISO.hol file seems to only update the formatting for notes made thought the hole tool.