cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CANNOT ADD CUSTOM MENU AT TOP

SAP010101
5-Regular Member

CANNOT ADD CUSTOM MENU AT TOP

Using WF5, have been trying for 2 hours trying to figure out how to add a menu next Help at the top. I right click in toolbar and select commands.... then select commands tab, then select New Menu from categories, the New Menu from Commands, then drag next to Help at top menu. I can rename but when trying to drag anything into this menu it does not work.... RIDICULOUS. Please help.

9 REPLIES 9

It is very simple. Tools --> Customise ---> Commands Tab... scrol down to "New Menu", Drag and drop the New Menu near the Help menu or where ever you want it.

I hope this answers your question...

Untitled.png

SAP010101
5-Regular Member
(To:s.iyer)

I can do what you've shown, the problem is I cannot put anything in the new menu. When i try to drag something into the new menu it doesn't let me. Have spent like 3 hours trying different variations of the same thing trying to make this happen.

hold your mouse,as new menu opens drag inside till this appears------> |-----------|, then release

SAP010101
5-Regular Member
(To:gkrishna)

Nope... if i hover over either the "New Menu" or within the blank box that appears below I NEVER see what you're describing.... this is nuts!

Snap2.png

check this.

SAP010101
5-Regular Member

Use the exact approach you are describing, no dice. When I drag anything over the new menu a blank blox appears below and then i move down to the blank box and the blank box disappears and does not allow me to drop anything in it.

then other solution is editing your config.win file,which i am not expert in,if anyone more experienced in this can shed some light on how to edit config.win or what is what in config.win,that will give better insight into how menus are arranged and more control over GUI customization.

will be helpfull to me too.

DRFaust
5-Regular Member

Select New Menu from Commands list. Place the new Menu at your desired location. Find the command you want located in the new Menu. Select the command with left mouse button and hold. Drag the command over the new Menu and hold. (do not release the mouse button). After hovering over the new menu an empty white box appears below it. Move your mouse down over the white box, after a horisontal bar appears in the white box release the left mouse button. The key is to HOLD the mouse button until until a horizontal bar appears in the white box below the new menu. P.S. I did this in Student version at home but it should be the same in full blown version of WF5.

Good luck

SAP010101
5-Regular Member
(To:DRFaust)

Okay folks, don't bother replying anymore... very simple problem and a very simple answer... does not work. I'll have to have a phone conversation with PTC India tomorrow and let this forum know what I found out.... my guess is it's a bug. Been using Pro/e since 1994. Have worked with the others as well, SW, Inventor, etc... In my 20 years have gone in and out and when coming back to PTC keep thinking I wonder if things have gotten better.... answer, NO. I'm not kidding, something this simple trying to do with the software and have literally spent 5 hours on this cr*p.... There is no defending this.... If this were Solidworks or CATIA.... would have taken 5 minutes.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags