cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CL FILE EDIT

ArisTroulis
1-Newbie

CL FILE EDIT

I want to remove specific moves of the tool in a sequense. How can be done. Any help wil be apriciated. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

You should be able to do this in the customize menu. Without more detail this is the best I can give you.

I want to remove specific XYZ moves without to use the edit option under the CL DATA menu, this option lets you delete lines from the cl file but dont show the toolpath lace. The ideal way would be from the sequense menu PLAY PATH ----> SCREEN PLAY which is possible to see the cl file and position the tool exatly on the move you want but do not let you delete any lines. The CUSTOMIZE MENU allows you to add extra CL commands.

Ok, try going into customize, pick the follow cut - redefine - click split add and pick the start point of what you want to delete on your tool path - click add again and pick the end point of what you want to delete on your tool path. You will now have 3 follow cuts, pick the one in the middle and delete it. You could also add approch and exit moves to it at this point. I hope this helps. Wes

Thank you very much Wes that is very helpfull!!!!

Aris, Wesley has given you a good solution to your problem. There is a similar method you might also want to experiment with. In the Customize dialog box you can Insert another Automatic Cut. This gives you two Automatic Cuts doing the same thing. Now Redefine the Follow Cut for each of them by specifying the Start and End points for each. (You can define one for one part of the tool path, and one for another.) This even allows you to change direction for one of them. Just be aware that when you have the Select Point option available it requires a Datum Point so you will usually have to pick Create Point first. David

Thanks David you have been helpfull too!!! I can have better control now for my toolpaths!!!
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags