cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CTQ Annotations and an automated Special Characteristic Symbol on Drawing

kpritchard
4-Participant

CTQ Annotations and an automated Special Characteristic Symbol on Drawing

I'm really surprised how "under the radar" the (new?) CTQ toggle for Annotations is. What I'd like to see is the ability to define a Symbol that is applied or added to the annotation on face of drawing when CTQ is set to true (checked). In a really perfect world the symbol could have an indexing capability so you could cross reference a given Special Characteristic ina separate document such as control plan (and yes, I've seen the power of transfering CTQ data from Creo to Windchill Part to the (formerly Relex) Control Plan).

It's all really powerful stuff, especially the transfer of values... It eliminates potential transposition errors and minimizes the potential for out-of-dateness errors. It seems such a shame to be adding disconneted symbols (and the potential for error) manually.

In summary - Idea is to add automated Special Characteristic Symbols (for Drawings) to the CTQ functionality in Annotations

8 REPLIES 8

CTQ? Seriously... too many acronyms!

Acronym Etiquette: Spell it out once "Ceestuff Tomuch Questions (CTQ) ..." and you are free to use the acronym at will thereafter.

Sorry... I am certainly not the spellcheckhallmonitor but often it really seems easier to spell something out so people may actually be able to respond without googling the 10,000 -other- meanings for the acronym.

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:kpritchard)

Oops! CTQ = "Critical To Quality". If I remember correctly, the checkbox label is CTQ which is why I listed it this way (also, I meant to set this as an Idea so will repost there)

Okay, I was close

Indeed, I find the incomplete regen routines to be completely unacceptable. A single regen should solve all issues or fail. Simple as that. Not just annotation... but family tables; flexible components; relations... everything!

Is this part of Creo functionality?  I need to create CTQ symbol for drawing formats going forward.  What options does Creo have or is there a designated/preferred symbol.

Thanks,

Joe

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AlconJT)

Is there a universal CTQ (Critical to Quality) symbol defined by some quality association or does each company come up with their own. On place I used to work used an upside down triangle for the critical dimension flag.

Symbols are easy to create, and they can have a predefined list of variable text, but not sure if that will satisfy your needs.

Also, you replied to a 5 year old thread. Maybe all threads over 2 years old with no activity should be closed and locked so a new thread needs to be created.

MarianaSousa
14-Alexandrite
(To:kpritchard)

Hello,

Does anyone know if the CTQ are these symbols in the image bellow? 

Thanks!!

MarianaSousa_0-1604493747056.png

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MarianaSousa)

Judging from the text alone, those are symbols specific to Carrier drafting/design standards. Someone on here may be familiar with Carrier standards but anyone else would just be guessing.

MarianaSousa
14-Alexandrite
(To:StephenW)

Hi,

My customer tell me that his customer have Crei license but buy another extenion/module for this symbols, they are metrics for quality.

Thank you in advance for yor reply 

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa
Top Tags