cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can I get the toolbars of wildfire_5 in creo_1?

ptc-4340116
1-Newbie

Can I get the toolbars of wildfire_5 in creo_1?

Hi all...

I would like to know if it is possible to get the wildfire 5 toolbars into creo 1? Using the tabs takes a really long time to adjust to it! There is no customize screen option under tools as was the case with wildfire 5! Any halp would be much appreciated...

Regards

1 REPLY 1

Hi Willem...

Several suggestions... first, you can skip through the tabs very quickly using hotkeys. If you hit the ALT key, you'll see letters and numbers pop up amongst the ribbon commands. Press the corresponding letter or number to access tabs and commands without having to use the mouse. This can be very, very fast.

Second... you CAN customize the ribbons in Creo 1.0 (Creo Parametric). Right-click your mouse in the ribbon area and select Customize the Ribbon. There are more options and possibilities than I can cover in a single post. Try out the different options. You could make your own custom tab with all of the commands you want positioned underneath it.

Finally... use the Quick Access Toolbar. You can use the little "^" up caret arrow to the right of the ribbon to collapse the ribbon toolbar. This will leave only the smaller, floating Quick Access Toolbar. You could try adding most of your commonly used commands to this toolbar (right -click and select Customize Quick Access Toolbar). You'll likely not have room for everything you need but by utilizing a combination of a customized ribbon, a customized Quick Access Toolbar, and the ALT hotkeys, you can work very quickly in Creo 1.0

Good luck!

-Brian

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags