cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can I see shortcuts?

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Can I see shortcuts?

Hello,

Is it possible to view shortcuts in the File>Open and File>Set Working Directory dialog boxes. Just to be clear: I have folder shortcuts on my desktop and when I execute File>Open in Cre/Pro I cannot see the shortcuts.

Thanks,

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4

hi Kevin,

You can see shortcuts (*.lnk files) through folder browser that is build inside WF5.

I tried right clicking on one of shortcuts but the command Set Working Directory is greyed out.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:James62)

Jakub Fojtík wrote:

I tried right clicking on one of shortcuts but the command Set Working Directory is greyed out.

Also, Right-click>Open did not open the shortcut.

Hi Kevin,

I can't answer your question, but another approach would be to add the folders you are interested in to your "Common Folders" section...

Dan

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:DanielKeogh)

Hey Dan,

I place current project folders in the Favorites directory which can be found in the Common Folders, which I find to be very valuable. However, my intention is to take various project folders that are in differnet locations that share a characteristic, and create shortcuts to those folders. Then, I will group the shortcuts into a new folder that describes their common characteristic. And, I was hoping that I could go into the new folder and open the shortcuts when using Cre/Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags