cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can default hole clearance be changed from Close fit?

EdRamsey
5-Regular Member

Can default hole clearance be changed from Close fit?

Does anyone know if there is an option to change the default setting for a clearance hole within Creo 2.0?

Currently the default is a close fit, but a majority of the time we use a Free Fit. Is there a way to have the hole creation default to a Free Fit instead of the Close Fit?

Any information would help.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Ed,

there is a config option hole_diameter_override, set to yes & you can change tapping drill sizes & clearance hole diameters, this might help you.

Regards

john

Have you tried creating your own hole tables...perhaps a separate table for free vs close?

EdRamsey
5-Regular Member
(To:EdRamsey)

@John - Yes I know about this option, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

@neo - I have updated the ones that are pulled in, but everytime it defaults to Close Fit. I'd love to have it default to Free Fit, instead of clicking the pull down to select Free Fit.

I couldn't find any option that controls the close/free fit in the hole feature. I can think of two workarounds though:

1- Use a mapkey to preselect the type of hole you want.

2- Like I mentioned above, create a custom hole file that replaces the free and close fit options with what you want **

1. In this case you would create a "free" file version of the hole standard and change the close column to be the same as the free column and vise versa for a "close" file version. That way you will have a "UNC free" and "UNC close" fit hole standards as options when you click the pulldown arrow in the standard window... ....basically it wouldn't matter if you selected free or close because, for that particular hole standard, they would be the same. I hope I'm making sense.
    2. Or you could just swap the values in the free and close columns.

These methods wouldn't be very intuitive for other people that might come across your files though...

hole_file.JPG

** I should add, that I haven't tried this yet, just throwing the idea out there.

Note: edited my previous comment for clarity.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags