cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Can we add Freeze all / Delete All/ Suspend All option in children handling for parent deletion?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

Can we add Freeze all / Delete All/ Suspend All option in children handling for parent deletion?

Hi,

At the time of delete a part or assembly from its parent assembly, the creo system automatically asks for children handling whether they need to delet/freeze/suspend . But if parent have 100 child parts then it need to do freeze every time (each part)

But we want all child to be freeze/delete/suspend,

So my question is can we add freeze all/delete all / suspend all options in popup menu.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Or just like Microsoft Office programs, click to highlight the first one, then scroll to the bottom and left click pick +[shift] the last file (Or highlight on/off just the ones you wish to keep). Then with your mouse in the highlighted area right mouse button and choose Suppress/Suspend/Fix and it will change all of them at once before hitting OK. Hope that helps

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:ppandarkar-2)

You might want to submit this as an idea. The the mean time though you can use CTRL-A from the keyboard to select everything and then change the status for everything from the status menu.

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone
(To:Chris3)

Yes it will solve my problem.

Thank you.

-Prashant

Or just like Microsoft Office programs, click to highlight the first one, then scroll to the bottom and left click pick +[shift] the last file (Or highlight on/off just the ones you wish to keep). Then with your mouse in the highlighted area right mouse button and choose Suppress/Suspend/Fix and it will change all of them at once before hitting OK. Hope that helps

Yes. It will help me and solve my problem.

Thank you very much.

-Prashant

Wow.  Years ago this auto-delete behavior was the reason to not buy Solidworks and now it is the reason to not buy Creo.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MT_10013964)

@MT_10013964 

I think this method provides the most effective option for deleting or freezing (suspending) children. It is very common for me to need to suspend some components or features and delete some. I have complete control over that with this menu.

Typically, if I want to suspend or freeze all, I will use Cntrl A to select all the children and then select status SUSPEND.

The old method was a one-by-one list that you were stuck in for as long as it took to get thru all the picks

StephenWilliams_0-1631042911019.png

MT_10013964
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

meh, more clicks

Looking for the old config.pro option of auto suspend.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MT_10013964)

I understand, I work with large assemblies every day.

The only option I know is freeze_failed_assy_comp YES  (its a hidden option now, you have to key it in)  It gets me thru my days without going crazy.

I don't remember auto suspend option, Just quick fix freeze, quick fix freeze, quick fix freeze for components.

In the old days, you couldn't leave features as failed, you had to suppress or delete, I do remember a suppress all or delete all (no suspend).

Creo or pro/e has never been the solution for anyone looking for fewer clicks.

MT_10013964
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

I also do remember the suspend all button.  Those were good times.  I guess I was just so shocked to see that Creo had reversed such an essential selling point to its software.  Deleting your customer's work should always be the last option chosen, not the first.

Top Tags