cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can you add ACME Standard holes in Creo

DamianCastillo
1-Newbie

Can you add ACME Standard holes in Creo

Is there a way to add additional standards for hole in Creo? We have UNC, UNF and ISO out of the box but we use many ACME standards.

Thanks in advance for any input.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

17 REPLIES 17

Several people responded that I can create a .hol file and place in the hole folder.

So now my questions is...... What does a .hol file contain? Is there some kind of format on how you enter the hole information?

Can someone provide an example?

Thanks again.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

The best example is the existing unc.hol, unf.hol or iso.hol file in the <pro_loadpoint>\text\hole folder. I had created one for npt threads at one time. The file name is limited to 7 characters, so acm.hol could be your Acme thread file name.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

PTC/Users are amazing. Thanks for the guidence from everyone and the files shared. 😉

Ben

7 chatacters total? Including the dot and the hol extension? Even DOS 1.0 had longer file names than that. It's bad enought that model names are still limited to 31 characters plus extension and that spaces are not allowed but 7? Unbelievable. That part of the code must be written on an Intel 4004.

Damian

If you got a working ACME hole file, care to share it?

In Reply to Ben Loosli:

The best example is the existing unc.hol, unf.hol or iso.hol file in the <pro_loadpoint>\text\hole folder. I had created one for npt threads at one time. The file name is limited to 7 characters, so acm.hol could be your Acme thread file name.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

I don't know where the value 7 comes from. I have one with 15 that Pro/E reads. It's not one I have implemented for everyone. It's only a test file. But Pro/E shows it.

Steve G

They may have changed since Wildfire2. I named a file NPTF.hol and it wouldn't show until I renamed it to NPT.hol.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

This is in WF4. I just tried a file with 30 characters including the 4 character extension (.hol). It showed up just fine.

When you open the file you have to make sure you put the name of the file (or anything you want I guess) for the THREAD_SERIES header information:
THREAD_SERIES INC_MFG_wFormat_Data_12345

Steve G

David,

We don't have any made yet. I just found out how to get them in there thanks to the feedback from everyone here. Now I need to mess with the .hol file and figure out how to create one for ACME.

If anyone else is willing to share at least one example of an ACME hole file, it would be appreciated by everyone.

In Reply to David Gallup:

Ben

7 chatacters total? Including the dot and the hol extension? Even DOS 1.0 had longer file names than that. It's bad enought that model names are still limited to 31 characters plus extension and that spaces are not allowed but 7? Unbelievable. That part of the code must be written on an Intel 4004.

Damian

If you got a working ACME hole file, care to share it?

In Reply to Ben Loosli:

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

OK,

Some of you submitted some .hol file examples and I greatly appreciate it. So how do I read it? I am not talking about how to open it because I used Word Pad just fine, but how do you actually read the file? I can't figure out what all the numbers relate too. Diameter, lenght, etc.

The top section is fairly simple but the bottom section is like Matrix code. See below.

================================================================================

TABLE_DATAPRO_VERSION 24THREAD_SERIES UNCCLASS 2BTABLE_UNITS inchDEPTH_RATIO 1.22CALLOUT_FORMAT &Screw_Size &Thread_Series-&Thread_Class <ctrl-a>x<ctrl-b> &Thread_Depth /<ctrl-a>w<ctrl-b> <ctrl-a>n<ctrl-b>&CSINK_DIAMETER[.2] X &CSINK_ANGLE[.0]<ctrl-a>$<ctrl-b>

THREAD_DATAFASTENER_ID BASIC_DIAM THREAD TAP_DR TAP_DEC PERCENT_THREAD CLEAR_DR_CLOSE CLOSE_DEC CLEAR_DR_FREE FREE_DEC CLEAR_DR_MED MED_DEC CBOREDIAM CBOREDEPTH CSINKDIAM CSINKANGLE BOTCSINKDIAM BOTCSINKANGLE#1-64 0.073 64 #53 0.0595 81% #48 0.0760 #46 0.0810 0 0 0.1563 0.073 0.085 90 0.085 90#2-56 0.086 56 #50 0.0700 62% 3/32 0.094 #36 0.1070 0 0 0.1875 0.086 0.10 90 0.10 90#4-40 0.112 40 #43 0.0890 65% 1/8 0.125 #29 0.136 0 0 0.2188 0.112 0.12 90 0.12 90#6-32 0.138 36 #36 0.1065 71% #23 0.154 #18 0.170 0 0 0.2813 0.138 0.15 90 0.15 90#8-32 0.164 32 #29 0.1360 62% #15 0.180 #10 0.194 0 0 0.3125 0.164 0.17 90 0.17 90

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DamianCastillo)

Turn off word wrap.

[cid:image001.png@01CDD942.7BE16390]

Search the knowledgebase for TPI 107248 - Customizing The Standard Hole File

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

Or use a real editor like notepad++

I was told to turn off Word Wrap in Notepad. I feel like a total idiot for not doing this. ROFL

Thanks for the correct answer and not calling me a moron in the process.

Damian,

With the noob/ guru ratio that I imagine exists on this exploder calling folks names for something like that could get ugly quickly. Btw, that happens to me all the time. : )

To follow David’s recommendation, look into Notepad++ it is a great editor with a lot of useful features.

Bob Lohbauer

Bob,

Actually most people on these forums are professionals that love to help and don't resort to childish name calling. We are a pacionate bunch so sometimes we can get a little rambunctious. 🙂

For the most part we all get along just fine on these forums. I was only expressing what I though of my self at that moment and thanking others for not confirming it out loud for me. lol

I learn so much from people on these forums. If you want to see us get excited, start a discussion on Internal Sketches vs. External.

Actually. Don't do it. 🙂

In Reply to Bob Lohbauer:

Damian,

With the noob/ guru ratio that I imagine exists on this exploder calling folks names for something like that could get ugly quickly. Btw, that happens to me all the time. : )

To follow David’s recommendation, look into Notepad++ it is a great editor with a lot of useful features.

Bob Lohbauer

How about a shown vs. hidden dimension discussion? 😉

Joshua Houser

(have I talked to you about FIRST robotics yet?)

Pelco by Schneider Electric

Methods & Tools Sr. Engineer

I can feel the blood starting to boil now!!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags