cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Challenge - Golf Ball

LeeCasey
1-Newbie

Challenge - Golf Ball

Hi guys, I need a 3d model of a large golf ball, which is around 500mm diameter. It is beyond my capabilities so I was wondering if any of you are good enough to do it? If you could make it flexible enough to change the diameter and the dimples accordingly that would be even better. Thanks Please email to leecasey at leecasey . com
8 REPLIES 8

Lee, Here is a STEP file of a golf ball: http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/files/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=&text=ball&imageid=1249&box=&shownew= Import it, then use: Edit>Scale Model to change it to the required size.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your challenge

Here is my model of golf ball: GOLF - Gentleman Only, Ladies Forbidden?

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hello Vladimir,

nice golf ball, but I think you have answered 6 years late

I think that for a good challenge is never too late, Thanks one more time.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Haha, thanks for the submission Vladimir!

Actually it's very strange you should post today. I haven't had to work with a golf ball design since 2006 but today I have someone in wanting a giant golf ball shell! Amazing coincidence!

That sounds good Lee, I like "Amazing coincidence!"

I'll stay in touch,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

ICOSA_Dodec_golfball.JPG

In case your collecting "candidates Step version attached. 1.68" x 260 dimples Dimple spherical diameter .312, diameter at surface .156, and .032 edge fillets. Based on hybrid Dodec/Icosahedron (32 faces/80 triangulations).

Spherically pattern - new pattern for Spherically shape

What do you think? It is good idea for new feature in Creo? - Vote here

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags