cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Change K factor system wide

KrisR
1-Newbie

Change K factor system wide

Is there a way to change the K factor system wide?

I know that I can change it with edit definition on each bend, but I'd like to change it system wide.

We work with metal steel plate, usually thicker than 15.7mm, and the designated K factor (0.318) is not correct, according to my supervisor.

Please let me know and thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

You could use a sheetmetal start part with the appropriate k-factor or bend table assigned.

Reinhard

.. and you should use start parts as steel and aluminium have different k-factors.

How do I set the K factor before modeling? As of now I can only see to add the option via edit definition on an actual bend.

Creo 1

#file #prepare #model properties #bend allowance

Hi Kris,

I could suggest this article from the Technical Support Knowledge Base:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS55723

If there is still a question, open a TS case and we’d be happy to help.

Regards,

David

I realize that I can do this with a template, but often we convert a regular part to sheetmetal, and continue on the design process. I see that there is no way to change the K factor (unless you do it per bend) in a part that is created in this fashion.

I would say that's a software limitation. If you can change it in a template, and change it per bend, you should be able to change it at the part level.

KrisR
1-Newbie
(To:KrisR)

Created this "Idea"...http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/1389.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:KrisR)

It's not exactly what you're looking for and I agree there should be an option for the K-factor but if you specify an initial_bend_y_factor value in the config.pro when you convert a part to sheetmetal that Y-factor should default to that value and a K-factor is calculated based on that value. You can go into the Setup for sheetmetal and enter a K-factor and then look at the Y-factor value that is calculated so you know what value to put in for the initial_bend_y_factor. At least that was the way it worked in WF5.

KrisR
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

That may be a good option.

Would you please vote on my idea if you agree?

Thanks Kevin!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags