cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Changing Units Creo 4.0

AFVG
3-Visitor

Changing Units Creo 4.0

Hello,

I just started using Creo 4.0 a few days ago, and I cant find a way to set units to mm and/or inch on the same part.

I've used Solidworks for the past 2 years and It was very easy to work with different units on the same sketch. Just had to dimension and a little window pops up that asks for X amount of Y units, so you can mix between using mm or inches depending on what you're doing.

Can someone help me find a way to emulate this on Creo 4.0 parametric?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:AFVG)

First, this area of the forum is for help on the forum itself. @Tmetcalf, can you move it into the Creo modeling forum?

Second, to answer your question, I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to.  Creo does not allow you enter values in alternate units like SW (entering "24.4mm" in an inch part will give you 1 inch), however you can enter formulas in almost every situation.  So if you need 10mm in an inch part you can enter 10/25.4 and Creo will do the math.  

You can also use other dimension symbols and create relations on the fly.  For example, if d4 needs to always be 3 times d2, editing d4 and entering "d2*3" will not only get you the proper value but Creo will ask if you want to save this to the relations to maintain that relationship.

Lastly, if you need to change the units for a part it's under File > Prepare > Model Properties.  You'll find units near the top of that dialog.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:AFVG)

No, a Creo model (or drawing) can only be in one unit system at a time.  You can turn on the display of dual dimensions so that both are displayed, but this will affect all dimensions.  You can't show one dimension in just inches and another in just milimeters.  Creo doesn't allow this.

Now that you are using Creo. Nothing will ever be easy again. Creo is to CAD software what Common Core is to Math. 

2 + 2 =  
2*10   2*1    
20 / 2 = 10
20/10   2/10    
2   0.2 = 0.4

10 x 0.4 = 4
therefore
2 + 2 = 4
Top Tags