cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Changing the background texture

ptc-5225734
1-Newbie

Changing the background texture

I wanted to show someone a Jpeg. of my model but i want to change that boring white or grey background. Is that possible to have my own background texture? If yes, how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just in case this is what you are looking for, it was worthwhile making a document with regard to setting images as backgrounds for specific views. This is not an environment background, just a way to put an image behind your part.

Screen Captures w/ Background Image

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You can have a gradient background by setting the system colors, or you can add an image to your part that shows up as a background. You can also play with the rendering tool if you want to.

Hi !

Yes, you have to change the file syscol.scl with the color parameters you want.

A quick tip: if you still have the ProEngineer WF on your computer, just go to the System Color option, choose the gray or blue fading colors scheme, and save it as a syscol.scl file.

Then replace it on your CREO program folder.

Also, you may personaize it differently and follow the same steps.

Hope it helped you

On time, you may also go directly on Creo, System Colors, Custom, Craphics and change the color configurations there, item by item, and them save them as a new syscol.scl file. For the background, choose the "background" and there you may change the color and fade configurations.

Just in case this is what you are looking for, it was worthwhile making a document with regard to setting images as backgrounds for specific views. This is not an environment background, just a way to put an image behind your part.

Screen Captures w/ Background Image

Can we select the image file on more than one plane.

Yes you can. The typical use for this function is to use the images as underlay images for 3D modeling. You can create sketches and sections using the images as guides. This means if you have at least 3 images, say front, right and top that are scaled correctly, you can build a 3D with the images as a modeling reference.

for Creo, Go to View---Display Setting----System Color-----Scheme and you can select the background.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags