cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Changing the dashboard position in wildfire 5

Chandru
1-Newbie

Changing the dashboard position in wildfire 5

Hi everybody,

Please can anybody say how to change the DASHBOARD POSITION IN PRO/E WILDFIRE 5??

I have tried the following steps TOOLS - CUSTOMIZE WINDOW - OPTIONS TAB but I can't find any tab or icon to change the DASHBOARD POSITION..

If anybody know the solution for my question please reply......

8 REPLIES 8
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Chandru)

You can't move it. One of the changes that was made was to fix its location at the top. I've heard it was due to a change in workflow to use the ribbon interface.

That's just dumb. Another case of progammers telling the users what's best for them.

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:RobertMcKibben)

Yep. I used to have it on the bottom. It's taken me a month to get used to it. Clearly I was doing it wrong before.

Yes, you cannot adjust it anymore in wf5.0.

Sure would be nice to be able to "tear" this toolbar away so I can place it on a second monitor, should be universal for all toolbars

IMHO,

Brian

Sounds like you just need bigger monitors. I just wish the first Pro/E window would open maximized instead of an inch from the right side of the screen.

I like the dashboard at the top, the only complaint is that the drop down menus cover the model tree, so when you are trying to place something in an assembly you cannot click the datums at the top of the model tree with the placement dropdown open.

Having the ribbon makes this small inconvenience worthwhile. Just waiting for the rest of Pro/E to catch up.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:pwyndham)

I've been told you can move the model tree to the right side of the screen in WF5 but then again you may not like it there.

Hey Paul, there is a config.pro option for maximizing the screen on launch:

open_window_maximized.jpg

Hope this helps!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags