cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Chess piece

ptc-6778764
1-Newbie

Chess piece

I am new to PTC, and I need to make a chess piece using the revolve tool. Anyone who could give me some guidance would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You would create a revolve feature which requires a sketch preferably with a centerline defined within the sketch (known as a section). You would create 1/2 of the profile of the piece you want. Certain logical rules apply such as having all solid features on one side of the revolve axis (center line).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-6778764)

First you have to choose which piece you are going to model. The knight would not be an easy revolve as say a pawn, rook, or bishop.

Im going to do the pawn, I am a very big novice to creo, would I start using the line tool?

You would create a revolve feature which requires a sketch preferably with a centerline defined within the sketch (known as a section). You would create 1/2 of the profile of the piece you want. Certain logical rules apply such as having all solid features on one side of the revolve axis (center line).

Antonius, could you create a chess piece for me, I'm really struggling, this is my first time ever, I'll offer payment.

Are you using the full version of Creo Parametric (Creo 2.0 or 3.0)?

I Am using version 2.0, thank you!

I did a rough outline of a bishop.

Have a look at the attached file and right click on the features and select edit definition to see how they are made.

This will give you some very basic techniques.

I Cannot thank you enough sir, this is absolutely the best thing anyone has done for me in a long time, thank you so much.

My pleasure, Grant. Al the best on your project.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags