cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Colored surfaces in a draw

ptc-4296740
1-Newbie

Colored surfaces in a draw

Hi everyone,

I recently try to show colored surfaces of a model into a draw in order to show milled surfaces.

The fact is I did not managed to do it, even with the option "color from model".

Can somebody can help me with this problem please?

I actually work with Creo 1.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gilles,

you have bad luck . Color from model is displayed on the drawing only if you color whole model (not specifiic model faces).

In Part mode you can select specific model faces and create their copy (CTRL+C, CTRL+V). This way you will create Surface quilt which is displayed in Quilt color on the drawing.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

are you asking for a shaded view ?!

shaded.JPG

Hi Pedro,

I was not asking about a shaded view (in fact I did not even think about trying to show surfaces into a shaded view).

I was asking about a simple view (front, left, right, etc...) but I guess a colored shaded view will do the job.

Thank you for the thought! 😉

Hi Gilles,

you can use shaded representation in all kind of views (Front, back...)

If you are using the display style as "hidden",the option "color from model" will only colored the edges of the view.

Best regards

Pedro Neves

Hi Pedro.

Your method works but in my case, I did not apply a color directly on the part but on specific surfaces.

Do you know if there is a way to get colors in a front view (for exemple) when only few surfaces are colored and the display style is set on "hidden"? Because I do not manage to do it and would like to know if it is possible or not.

Hello again,

i'm not sure if i understand what you want to do, but when i want to show the colors of the surfaces and at the same time other features, i use a shaded view with transparency.

Top view

trans.JPG

iso

trans2.JPG

Hello,

I will explain my case with screenshots it will be easier to understand .

This is my part with colored surfaces:

pièce.png

And this is what I get in a draw when I want to show milled surfaces in differents view (instead of having multiples 3D views to show milled surfaces at the back of the part:

plan.png

Do you (or anyone else) have an idea?

Gilles,

you have bad luck . Color from model is displayed on the drawing only if you color whole model (not specifiic model faces).

In Part mode you can select specific model faces and create their copy (CTRL+C, CTRL+V). This way you will create Surface quilt which is displayed in Quilt color on the drawing.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank you for the answer Martin!

I will use this method of surface quilt in the future (I think I can change the basic color and set the color I want)

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags