cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Commercial Version to Educational Version

ptc-991247
1-Newbie

Commercial Version to Educational Version

Is it possible to be able to create files in the commercial version of ProE and save them to be opened in an educational version. I believe deselecting the floating Modules box will help. Can anyone advise if this is correct. Thanks Martin
4 REPLIES 4

As far as I am aware, commercial/student combinations of ProE will not work. I've even heard rumbling that people who bought the Personal use version of Pro found out that all the tutorial files could not be opened because of this limitation. Regards

Martin, One of our application engineers, Andy Deighton alerted me to your enquiry. Normally commercial Pro/E files cannot be opened in Education versions of the software. Under exceptional circumstances we can convert files. I will make enquiries to see if this is possible with the parametric gear model and get back to you. In the meantime could you let me have your email address and role so I can keep you posted on developments in our education programme? Many thanks Tim -

There are tutorials available for non-commercial versions of Pro/ENGINEER: http://www.ptc.com/community/proewf3/newtools/index_tryout.htm

hi, i went to this resource page for trial versions of proe but it seems that when you then follow the link to "more free tutorials" you get all the same pages as with the normal resouce center and none of the parts that go with the tutorials are student edition compatible and have all been created in comercial versions. thanks
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags