cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Create a face gear

g.mussa
1-Newbie

Create a face gear

I have to model a face gear (frontal gear), but i don't know how. I need some help. Thanks. Luciano Giordano
6 REPLIES 6

Liciano, What is a face gear? Mike
RobertH
13-Aquamarine
(To:MikeKelly)

A gear with tooth on the front in stead of on the side.

If you know the sections, you can do a swept blend OR Variable Section Sweep to make one.. then pattern that and you get the full teeth. regards Joe. ---------------------------------------------- you can find some tips at... http://tipsfromjoe.blogspot.com ----------------------------------------------

"Robert Blom" wrote:

A gear with tooth on the front in stead of on the side.

I thank you for the suggestion. But my problem is to create a face/frontal gear that gears with a pinion of which i know module and number of tooth. So the problem is to identify the 2 sections for create swept blend: they must combine with the evolvente profile of the pinion. Thanks Regards, Luciano

"Guinzio Mussa" wrote:

I thank you for the suggestion. But my problem is to create a face/frontal gear that gears with a pinion of which i know module and number of tooth. So the problem is to identify the 2 sections for create swept blend: they must combine with the evolvente profile of the pinion. Thanks Regards, Luciano

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags