cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creation of jpeg in wf3

AwadheshNaik
1-Newbie

Creation of jpeg in wf3

how to enable creation of jpeg file for the model or asm in proe wf3. Is there any preference or something specific to that ..?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

8 REPLIES 8

Hello

(this is Basic creations of pictures - jpg/tiff Screen Snapshot)

If you need create pictures from model or asm set ProE Background: (white/black or custom color) View > Display Settings > System Colors... >> Scheme > Black on White.

Set orientation for model or asm and create Screen Snapshot: File > Save a Copy... > Select type - /JPEG (*.jpg) or TIFF (Snapshot) (*.tif)/ and set Configuration (Size, DPI etc.)

sa-jpg.jpg

Note: if you want create nice rendered pictures >> use Render Control mode: View >> Model Setup > Render Control...

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thanks ...

Is there any such option to create jpeg from drawing ??

Hi,

Here is quick video tutorial - How to Create jpeg from drawing in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

When I am trying to create a jpeg file its creating it of size 15 mb . What are the parameters to control the size

Configuration option for pictures quality is raster_plot_dpi (100, 200, 300 or 400) - try your custom quality for your pictures.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hello Vladimir,

I am using 100 for it, which is minimum, I guess. Even then the size goes upto 14 mb.

Here is the scenario : I am using a drawing for the jpeg file creation. Jpeg file size goes upto 14 mb with 45 views in the drawing. Without any view the jpeg file size is just 4 mb. My requirement is that I want to keep the size of the jpeg constant and minimum, irrespective of the number of views. I dont care about the quality . I asked you about the quality because I wanted to reduce it to reduce the size of the jpeg file created.

Thanks in advance ..

Regards

Awadhesh

I do not think that is possible let the original file size (jpg file) if you add new Views in your drawing - more entity=bigger size

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags