cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0.M050 problem

ptc-6123276
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0.M050 problem

I used Creo 2.0.M050 and vendor provide Cero2.0,M080 file to me ,I cannot open it ,any problem of this ? if I can`t update to M080 ,any solution to use M050 to open it?

6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the forum, Tachih.

There should be no issue with backward compatibility from version updates. All Creo 2.0 files should be backward compatible to the F000 date code.

I will assume you have maintenance so you can submit a support case.

It is possible that you are missing some files. It is possible that the file is corrupt.

what knid of maintenance ?

Vendor use M080 can be open it and save a copy send the file to me still can`t , can`t know what problem happen , In M050 show the file was created in a newer release of Creo Parametric.

very confuse ..

This is highly unusual.

Maintenance gives you ability to ask customer service to help you resolve a problem by filing a support case.

You have to sign up for it. New users have maintenance for one year. Thereafter, you must pay for additional maintenance contract.

Tachih,

Are you getting some error or warning when opening that file?

Can you attach a file here for testing?

Please reconfirm your release and datecode (File > Help > About Creo Parametric > Check release and datecode). As you mentioned that message is "file was created in a newer release of Creo Parametric", possibly you are using Creo Parametric 1.0 M050, M050 was the last datecode of Creo Parametric 1.0 and if this is correct, file created in Creo 2.0 will not open in Creo 1.0.

Tachih,

PTC did make some changes to Helical Sweeps and possibly some other features that may be causing you to not not be able to read in earlier build code. You can either go up to M080 or now M110, or submit a support case with a contract. There is likely no other way to get this resolved as it is listed as a known issue with the ealier M builds.

still have problem , i update to M080, Why PTC have this kind problem ,never heard this. too bad .

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags