cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 2.0 educational files not compatible with Creo 3.0?

ptc-5290383
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 educational files not compatible with Creo 3.0?

Hello,

I've just downloaded the student edition of Creo 3.0 which is working, but when i try to open a file created with creo 2.0 it says "file was created with an educational version of creo parametric and is not compatible with the version of PTC Creo Parametric you are runnig"

Any help would be massively appreciated, I'm not even sure where to start with this one!

Thanks,

Will

3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forum, William.

Curiosity asks if the message is messed up or if the versions are messed up.

I recommend sending the information to the academic support and letting them know what you are seeing. Messages such as this should be more accurate.

http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/technical-support

It is true that typically, a full version cannot open academic versions and you get this exact message. I am not sure about the other way around. I am also not sure just how many independent versions are out there that cannot open sibling versions.

Thanks for the reply,

I've contacted the academic support and we'll see what comes of it. For your information, the files were created on an educational edition of Creo 2.0 in the university, and then I couldn't open them on the student version of Creo 3.0 at home. You would think the two would be compatible since they go hand in hand?

You would think

Let us know what comes of your support request.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags