cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 2 on Mac

hharrison
1-Newbie

Creo 2 on Mac

I've just started revising older designs on Creo 2 running in a Fusion Windoe with Win 7. Everything seems to work well, but I'm getting stymied by either my ignorance of Creo 2 vs older proE verions, or there is some sort of key mapping problem that keeps me from doing pretty basic things like measuring dimensions. Following the tutorials for using the measurement tools, it seems that ctl and alt keys are used with mouse clicks to get the basics for any measurement. All I can get is the base reference on first click, then nothing.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Well, I solved it by random searching. With normal mapkeys between the Mac side and the Fusion side, it turns out that CTL+Command does it. Other apps in the Win 7 world respond normally to CTL as expected.

Yes, the CTRL key is held for the second mouse selection with the left mouse button.

Are you having similar problems in creating dimensions in drawings?

The idea is that you must have all 3 mouse buttons for using Creo. IIRC, a MAC will only have one. Somehow you need a valid Right mouse button (RMB), Middle mouse button (MMB), and Left mouse button (LMB).

I have a Logitech mouse that has a small button for the middle button function, so that all three functions work fine. As I mentioned above, CTL is invoked with CTL+Command. I'm getting the dimension tool to work, but some functions like placing planes don't always add constrainsts readily. However, that might be me not accommodating the rules correctly.

I have not done any drawing work yet, but that is secondary for me. I generally go straight to CAM and don't need to formally document things.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags