cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 3.0 M070 Section tool does not clip away material

tpowers
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 M070 Section tool does not clip away material

Hey All,

I am working with a model where I need to show cross sections. However, when I use the section tool, I can place the cut plane where I need it, but the material is not removed. When I do this in an assembly, then the parts that are completely behind plane will be removed (as they should), but any parts bisected by the cut plane stays in view and isn't clipped.

Steps I've taken:

I have checked this with the same components on my coworker's computer and it works normally (the parts are clipped).

I have reinstalled Creo

I have reverted to the default config.pro file.

It doesn't just do this in assembly, but also does it for a single part. (see attached picture)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:tpowers)

I can't think of anything reasonable for this, especially since it works on another computer.

You may want to check video card drivers, either update to the one the coworker has if it's the same system specs or update to the latest or to the ptc certified driver for that card if it's a certified card. Video card issue cause some really unexpected behaviors sometimes so it's my only guess.

Other thing is, you say you went to default config.pro. You may want to make sure by checking what config.pro files are loading. You can do that under FILE -HELP - SYSTEM INFORMATION. There is a section called configuration information and it lists all the config files read. IF POSSIBLE, temporarily rename all of those to clean up any possible settings that could potentially cause problems.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Thomas,

I am sure you would have done but it is not a harm to ask. Have you tried previewing you part with clipping mode as shown in pic belowcross-section.pngPreview without clipping mode.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I can't think of anything reasonable for this, especially since it works on another computer.

You may want to check video card drivers, either update to the one the coworker has if it's the same system specs or update to the latest or to the ptc certified driver for that card if it's a certified card. Video card issue cause some really unexpected behaviors sometimes so it's my only guess.

Other thing is, you say you went to default config.pro. You may want to make sure by checking what config.pro files are loading. You can do that under FILE -HELP - SYSTEM INFORMATION. There is a section called configuration information and it lists all the config files read. IF POSSIBLE, temporarily rename all of those to clean up any possible settings that could potentially cause problems.

Thanks Stephen! Yeah, my graphics card drivers were out of date. I had no idea as everything else on the computer behaved normally! Thanks for your input!

Thomas

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I'm kind of surprised and not surprised at all.  Graphics driver issues have "unusual" symptoms.

Glad I could help.

Top Tags