cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 3 Detail View Question

gbaxter
1-Newbie

Creo 3 Detail View Question

How can I edit the attachment point of my "SEE DETAIL ?" note when I use the ellipse boundary type on the parent view in Creo 3? I've tried right mouse clicking, and there's no option there.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Geoff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:gbaxter)

I see Edit Attachment there, whether I'm in Layout or Annotate or Sketch tab, so I don't know what's different about your case (other than that I'm running a more recent version, which seems unlikely to be the cause).  If you file an SPR, should be simple to figure it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mender
6-Contributor

RMB with the mouse over the leader line for Edit Attachment.

gbaxter
1-Newbie
(To:mender)

Not seeing it. Do I have to be in a specific ribbon? I'm using M030.

screencap1.jpg

mender
6-Contributor

You're showing the RMB menu for the note.  You want the one for the leader.  To get this, put your mouse over the angled line that ends in the arrow and RMB (but not over the arrow itself, which will get the arrow's RMB for changing the arrow style).

gbaxter
1-Newbie

All I see is Insert Jog:

screencap2.jpg

mender
6-Contributor

I see Edit Attachment there, whether I'm in Layout or Annotate or Sketch tab, so I don't know what's different about your case (other than that I'm running a more recent version, which seems unlikely to be the cause).  If you file an SPR, should be simple to figure it.

gbaxter
1-Newbie

Upgrading to M070 did the trick. Thanks!

dnordin
15-Moonstone

Geoff,

As an FYI, in the earlier build codes of CP3, you can change the attachment of the arrow on non-circular detail view boundaries via ANNOTATE > ATTACHMENT.  It is additional work to switch tabs to change the attachment.  If the right click is back in the newer build codes of CP3, that's great.

Regards,

Dan N.

Ugh, so obvious, and yet, not obvious. Thanks, Dan!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags