cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 4.0 not available to download

pzago
5-Regular Member

Creo 4.0 not available to download

I read that Creo 4.0 is available for download since December 15 but even today if I log in and go to "Order or download Software Updates" I can only see up to Creo 3.0. Is there some trick to force the refresh of the list (I remember something like this in the past) or is Creo 4.0 not available right now? Our company has active maintenance.

13 REPLIES 13
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:pzago)

Try to contact with your VAR (Reseller).

pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

We don't have a VAR, we buy direct from PTC. Should I open a support ticket? Is anyone having the same issue?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You can send your issue to PTC's technical support by using "Case Logger", here: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

Even if you bought directly there must be some contact details to communicate with them.

pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Following your advise I just did both: submit a technical support issue and write to my contact.

Thank you!

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

No problem.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Did you request a new license file to get it registered that you want Creo 4?

pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Yes, they sent me a new license file. I didn't remember that you needed a new file for major version updates. Oh, is it just me or there's no "Rendering" anymore? There's an icon for rendering but when I click it does nothing

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

see Rendering in Creo 4.0 discussion.

MH

Martin Hanák
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I expect it to show up in my download support page but nothing there yet.

PTC !... maybe a word on this delay?

pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Both the support and contacts were fast to answer: they updated my license and sent me the new license files, and now I can download Creo 4.0. Maybe it's the same for you. Anyway I don't like the new interface very much: the colors and the constraints icons are a bit distracting and too small.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

So where did you download 4.0 from?

pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

From the usual "Order or download software updates" section: after my license was updated I logged in and Creo 4.0 was there.

Hello - It is a relatively manual process on PTC's side to update all eligible accounts to show access to the updated license file and the download link.

If you would like to expedite the process, you can email - and request the updated license file.  Once that is received, you should see the link to download the software on your support page.

Remember to provide your PTC Customer # and Service Contract # in your request.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags