cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Help 2.0

ptc-4762879
1-Newbie

Creo Help 2.0

Hi,

I've installed Creo Help locally but I'm receiving an error 500 Unknown source error when launching.

This is on Windows 7 X64 UAC has been disabled so I know its not that.

Any input would be welcomed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It appears that users want to read a folder frmo the admin profile that installed the help

c:\users\adminaccount\Application Data

So by creating this path manually and copying the files there rather than it being a profile the user accout can launch the help files ok.

the admin account just tags .DS onto it to create its profile leaving the newly create directory untouched.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Stuart,

please tell us exactly, how do you launch Help Center for Creo 2.0.

Note: You can try to turn firewall off, before you launch Help. The firewall can block communication port necessary for running Help.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi its launched from Start menu > All Programs > PTC Creo > Creo Help 2.0

This launches c:....\creo2.0\Help\help\creo_help\crea_help.exe

When run as an Admin it works. When run as a user I get an Internal server error 500.

It help files have been installed locally on the machine.

The firewall has been unblocked.

slight update I have given the user Full controll on the folder but that has made no difference.

Stuart,

I am sorry I don't know how to resolve your problem. On my PC Help Center for Creo 2.0 is running well.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

thanks for your time. I may have found the problem if its correct I'll post back.

It appears that users want to read a folder frmo the admin profile that installed the help

c:\users\adminaccount\Application Data

So by creating this path manually and copying the files there rather than it being a profile the user accout can launch the help files ok.

the admin account just tags .DS onto it to create its profile leaving the newly create directory untouched.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags