cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo Help Error: 500

EwanP
1-Newbie

Creo Help Error: 500

Hello, Ive just installed Creo Elements 5.0 in my new laptop and I get an Http 500 error when I try to view the help file. Im using Windows 7. Ive seen the help file work fine in other installations so must be my configuration.

anyideas

HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/index.jspx

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException

followed by a long list of exceptions............

9 REPLIES 9
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:EwanP)

Hello!

Try to contact with PTC's technical support ("Log a New Case"): http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

Solved it Vladimir. It was a security setting in Windows 7.

Could you please share the solution? My team is also having this problem.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Can you provide solution?

In Windows 7 Click on Start and type control in the text box, a list will appear with User Account Control Settings as one of the options. Move the slider bar to the bottom where it says Never Notify.

Ewan

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

So, you just disable the UAC option in Win7.

Thats right.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Ok. Thank you Ewan.

Thanks for posting your solution.

Unfortunately, disabling UAC didn't solve our problem, but it did point us in the right direction. Our company has some pretty intensive security software (hidden from the engineering team), which is probably performing the same action as the UAC and disabling a crucial part of the help software.

I'll let you know if we find a solution, in case disabling the UAC doesn't work for anyone else.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags