cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo Materials Library

gspencer
4-Participant

Creo Materials Library

Greetings,

This has been asked many times before, with most of the requests not being responded to, at least in a posting. I thought I'd try again...

My company recently noticed that the material files they had been using were very suspect regarding the accuracy iof the values in the files themselves.

My question is this - does anyone have a complete/accurate set of Creo compatible material files that I can populate to my company's library? I've got to believe there is someone out there who had already encountered this issue, and has assembled a set, hopefully a set they'd be willing to share?

I kniow about MatWeb, but am hoping to not have reinvent the wheel...

The files can be either in .mtl or .mat formats, as I can covert the .mat files if need be.

Thanks in advance if you happen to have something you'd be willing to share.

Happy Holidays!

Gary S.

2 REPLIES 2

body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}Gary,
I suspect the reason there have been no responses lies in the liability of providing such data. If you rely on this new information, and your design fails due to inaccurate information, and someone gets hurt, the lawyers will go after anyone in the chain they can, including the source of the .mat file. You can buy the information from some sources, and that price pays for the insurance the source needs to protect themselves in the event of lawsuits. Getting that info for free opens all sorts of liability issues.
Regards,
Jeff

Subject: Creo Materials Library

Greetings,
This has been asked many times before, with most of the requests not being responded to, at least in a posting. I thought I'd try again...
My company recently noticed that the material files they had been using were very suspect regarding the accuracy of the values in the files themselves.
My question is this - does anyone have a complete/accurate set of Creo compatible material files that I can populate to my company's library? I've got to believe there is someone out there who had already encountered this issue, and has assembled a set, hopefully a set they'd be willing to share?
I kniow about MatWeb, but am hoping to not have reinvent the wheel...
The files can be either in .mtl or .mat formats, as I can covert the .mat files if need be.
Thanks in advance if you happen to have something you'd be willing to share.
Happy Holidays!
Gary S.
cying
10-Marble
(To:gspencer)

Agreed, however is there a website where you can purchase the material files?

I was looking into matweb, but they do not support ProE format.

Calvin
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags