cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo Materials Library

gspencer
4-Participant

Creo Materials Library

Greetings,

This has been asked many times before, with most of the requests not being responded to, at least in a posting. I thought I'd try again...

My company recently noticed that the material files they had been using were very suspect regarding the accuracy iof the values in the files themselves.

My question is this - does anyone have a complete/accurate set of Creo compatible material files that I can populate to my company's library? I've got to believe there is someone out there who had already encountered this issue, and has assembled a set, hopefully a set they'd be willing to share?

I kniow about MatWeb, but am hoping to not have reinvent the wheel...

The files can be either in .mtl or .mat formats, as I can covert the .mat files if need be.

Thanks in advance if you happen to have something you'd be willing to share.

Happy Holidays!

Gary S.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,
I have been wanting this too. Other competitors CAD software have a very extensive materials library and a link directly into MatWeb.

Gary, if someone offers a material’s library, please share it.

Happy Holidays and to all a great ride!
Mike Pinkney
Specialized Bicycle Components
15130 Concord Circle
Morgan Hill, CA, 95037, USA

cying
10-Marble
(To:gspencer)

I would also be interested.

I am also looking into using matweb to populate our material database. I would like to hear some feedback from those who have used this site. If it can provide what I need, paying $99/yr is a small price comparing to the work of validating all the values in the material file.

Calvin
gspencer
4-Participant
(To:gspencer)

I came across these material files (~100). They look quite useful. They are in the .mtl file format (same as Creo), and could be added directly into the creo_loadpoint\text\materials_library folder.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags