cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Parametric M080 is out!

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Creo Parametric M080 is out!

FYI, Creo 2.0 M080 is out. Get it while its hot!

38 REPLIES 38
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yeah, happened to notice it on the 17th even though the date on it was the 18th. I actually installed it on the 18th. No crashes or random issues, yet.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:Inoram)

Hi,

is the "save a copy" window in assembly, diagonally scalable in the latest maintenance release?

Thanks

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:rohit_rajan)

this one?

saveas1.JPG

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:rohit_rajan)

er, you probably mean this one.

saveas2.JPGsaveas3.JPG

I see someone is still working on their entry for our Jack-O-Lantern Design Contest

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ryankelley)

yeah, I am having trouble make the surfaces tangent (during creation), so it looks like a blow up toy instead of an organic.

So I have to look at it more later.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

yes from the above picture it seems like they have fixed it.

Thanks.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

"Solve world hunger, tell no one!" Grinch

Matt Griswold wrote:

Yeah, happened to notice it on the 17th even though the date on it was the 18th. I actually installed it on the 18th. No crashes or random issues, yet.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

LOL. Come on!

It seems like most people don't upgrade builds right away. Aren't you still on M040?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Yea, I'm still on M040 but I download every revision for safe keeping.

Looks like I still have to wait for M090 to have my patterning problem to be resolved. Funny... it worked in M020, broke in M040, and now I have to wait for M090 to get it to work again.

Hopefully they fixed a lot of newly introduced bugs in M080. I'm tempted to install it but I am in the middle of a job and can't afford to find new bugs.

I could have sworn I looked for the update on the 17th and it still said M070. Someone usually says something.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

It looks like it was pretty late (late compared to business hours) when I downloaded it (I am on EST).

TIME.JPG

When I was looking at the update advisor, it actually seemed like a ton of stuff got fixed in M070. But that advisor is a LONG list, I tend to skim it pretty quick.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

I still have yet to crash or power exit with M080. One thing I did notice however, and maybe this is a known (and from previous build issue), I changed a parameter in a drawing and hit Update Sheets and out of 12 sheets it updated about 7 of them, and in random order (not sequential). Then I had to go sheet to sheet, hit Update Sheets again to update the rest of them.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

This -sooooo- requires customer support to weigh in on. This is the type of bug that really is scary.

I find a similar "incomplete" -evaluation- in sketcher. When you add an over-constrained condition with a dimension or additional constraint, the error dialog doesn't include nearly all the possible solutions in the list. It seems to pick a handful and ignores the obvious.

Yep, no crashes yet here so far.

Buddy Hudson

CAD/PDM Administrator

Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions

Hello,

I'm using M030 without particular problem. Do you recommend me to upgrade to M080 or to stay at M030?

Thank you.

To All,

Don't waste your time on M080. Just received a confirmation from Senoir Engineer @ PTC that it has a bad bug which does not allow you to save objects....and I have experienced it first hand here @ Atlas. What a let down....just wanted to keep all informed.

Buddy

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:BuddyHudson)

By itself or related to PDM?

In our specific case related to PDM, since we are using Windchill 10.1 M020. I don't think it will matter though. I have not received the specifics back from tech support, but it had something to do with objects that were set as read only (which can be done with or without PDMLink) were having issues saving at various levels inside assemblies and drawings....Matt, have you tested without PDM to see?

We had the same issue with M080 as well. When you set items that are in an assy as read only then try to save the assy it won't save the assy when connected to PDM Link. Same issue happened in M050 too. We had a knock down drag out with PTC over this and go them to fix it in M060. Don't know why but it came back in M080. If you are using PDM Link I would stay away from M080.

and how! I just spent three days and 4 engineers time trying to figure it out. I thought at first it was our objects or something...but I knew that was not it. PTC if your listening....please use the 100K+ we pay in maintenance along with the other 120K other companies pay as well (maybe more maybe less) to fix Creo 3.0 so it works OOTB!!!! We are all pretty fed up with these bugs!!!!

Keep detailed notes on your time spent debugging their software. When it comes time to renew maintenance remind them how much it cost you and ask for that money back in lower maintenance fees.

DHLewis
11-Garnet
(To:jkent)

Joe,

Can you please share the SPR number in the Forum?

Thanks

saw
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

Does a "double save" save the assembly changes?

jkent
3-Visitor
(To:saw)

Nope. It won't save at all.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Bryant Hudson IV wrote:

...Matt, have you tested without PDM to see?

I am a one man shop, so I don't use PDM. And I have not seen any save issues with it so far.

I'd love to know in what circumstances this occurs. I was just preparing to roll out M080 to my users, no PDM here. We haven't seen issues, but most of our work right now is in SW or WF4.

Is PTC planning on pulling the build?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I dont think they are Doug, but I was told they were going to issue an SPR against it....like that helps!

This just feeds my previous paranoia about saving every single item individually when I exit my sessions.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Good thing you don't work in extremely large assemblies.....

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags