cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo Parametric - modelling best practice

BlitzSpirit
3-Visitor

Creo Parametric - modelling best practice

Does any one know of any documentation relating to modelling best practice in Creo Parametric? Either on here or from PTC (or even the wider world). I'm looking to create some documentation to define a company baseline standard for new employees.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Training. Lots of training.

When there is a population that is comfortable and experienced, review the business processes in the company to see which practices add value to the company and select the parts which can be best reinforced by the software.

The biggest trouble people have in adopting any major software is not understanding how it works and the second is trying to fit arbitrary requirements onto it. Doing things exactly the same way as always with new software is an exercise in self-injury. This is especially true if the people who are to carry out the integration don't have a good understanding of what the software does or how to use it.

This includes both the software technique part as well as the business process part. The two should be in concert.

That never happens, David

It sounds like your company already has a history that you are willing to continue and build on. If this is a small organization, the existing talent will provide a lot of input with product requirements, documentation, change control, and manufacturing. If you are just now changing to Creo from another system, integrating what you know is the best baseline you have. After that is to resolve the specific details in how to use the system. This can get quite involved but you are asking the right question. For me, the question is always "...and how do I sustain this mess?" File naming, data storage, backup and recovery, ECO process, policies and procedures... etc! All this requires an acceptable, documented process.

I have gone through this more times than I care to recall and all I can say is that this is a team effort. A team of -knowledgeable- people... as what David was leading to.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags