cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo Relations

mbalasubramaniy
1-Newbie

Creo Relations

Is there is a way to password protect the relation that i define????

12 REPLIES 12
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mbalasubramaniy)

Nope. The best you can do is hide them in a feature.

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomU)

Hi,

I would like to understand how to hide it.

Regards

Ketan

By hide it, Tom just means put it into a feature so it doesn't show up in the main relations. You could still see it by changing the "look in" from part to feature and picking the feature the relation was in.

If you really wanted to you could also come up with a custom encoder and then decode a gibberish string to get you want you wanted. You could make it as complicated as you like. IE something like:

string = "auioshfpiougrjbflkjskuvapyiuerhwlktjrbewgbfysdflgv"

decode = extract(string,6,1) + extract(string,6,1)

"decode" would then equal "hi"

Note that if you do this in the main part relations it will turn "decode" into a parameter which will probably defeat the purpose as someone could just look at the parameter value.

Hi,

May be I am asking for minor things.. Would you please let me know how to set decode string for relation. I would like to hide relations set by me into repeat region.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Ketan

Ketan,

it is not possible to hide relations.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

What cristopher rees is telling by "decode" would then equal "hi"? Does it mean that we can protect it? If yes, I would like to know how to do it.

No you can not protect it. I was just giving an example by which you can obscure what you are doing if you wanted so at a quick glance it wouldn't be obvious. You can not hide or password protect relations though.

If you are worried about someone else getting your intellectual property you should not be giving out the native files. That is what STEP, etc formats are for.

Thank you very much. I got clear idea on this now.

Actually I am into the toolkit application development. I need to do relations into table and would request user not to change it..

I thought if I myself could protect or hide it, I need not to be worried about it. Anyway, Thanks again for information.

Regards

Ketan

If you are looking to lock something down so the user can't modify it I would suggest looking at a Product Data Management (like Windchill - PDMLink) driven parameter that gets set by an administrator. Windchill parameters are not modifiable by the users. This will add a lot of complexity though.

You could also make a "dumb" table as Martin suggests below by breaking the parametric relationship, but if you don't care about the parametric relationship there would be no reason to create relations in the first place. You could just have the toolkit app set in the info into the table as needed.

Ketan,

if you want to "hide relations set in repeat region", then you have to:

1. use table with repeat region and relations to get requested output
  2. export table content into csv file
  3. delete table with repeat region and relations
  4. import table from csv file

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi martin...

If i am using some automation tools like API toolkit, then is it possible to lock or hide my relations by defining it in a external file and retrieve it when the model is open by the user?????

Hi,

I am not using Creo API, therefore I do not know its functionality .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags