cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo Symbols/icon

mlister
1-Newbie

Creo Symbols/icon

I am looking for something that shows differnt symbols and icons used in Creo. Specifically symbols used in the Configuration Ediitor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:mlister)

I think the ones being refered to are the ones in the config.pro options dialog box. I think there use to be images of these but I've only been able to find written descriptions of the icons in recent Help documents. A lightning bolt is an option that gets applied immediately, one that looks like a computer or screen requires Creo to be restarted for the option to be applied, one that looks like a wand is applied to newly created objects, a green diamond next an option means the option has not been applied, a dark grey dot means the option is applied and in session, and a light grey dot means there are conflicting option settings. Conflicting option settings appear when you have the option in a config.pro and in a config.sup. Newly created objects are those created as empty not with a start part. You would usually see this when setting the tolerance options. If you use a start part you will notice the tolerance values may not be what you expect since the tolerance options won't get applied, they will if you select empty when creating a new part.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I know you can see the icons used for the screen menus using the menu customization tools... but I'm not sure about symbols from the Configuration Editor. Which symbols specifically are you interested in?

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:mlister)

I think the ones being refered to are the ones in the config.pro options dialog box. I think there use to be images of these but I've only been able to find written descriptions of the icons in recent Help documents. A lightning bolt is an option that gets applied immediately, one that looks like a computer or screen requires Creo to be restarted for the option to be applied, one that looks like a wand is applied to newly created objects, a green diamond next an option means the option has not been applied, a dark grey dot means the option is applied and in session, and a light grey dot means there are conflicting option settings. Conflicting option settings appear when you have the option in a config.pro and in a config.sup. Newly created objects are those created as empty not with a start part. You would usually see this when setting the tolerance options. If you use a start part you will notice the tolerance values may not be what you expect since the tolerance options won't get applied, they will if you select empty when creating a new part.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags