cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Croe 2.0 from Wildfire 5

saw
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

Croe 2.0 from Wildfire 5

All,

I am curious on what experiences have been found from moving to Creo 2 from Wildfire 4 or 5. I know there is always the 'why did they have to change that' argument, but in reality (without prejudices) what kind of learning curves have been experienced?

3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:saw)

I see this subject is being broached lightly

I am a Pro/E 2000i user with some experience in WF3... and now Creo 2.0

I was perfectly comfortable with 2000i. My short 3 month experience in WF3 only made it difficult to know where to find familiar commands. I knew what to look for just not where. The config editor was a bit simpler and I loved being able to finally add shaded images to drawings.

With Creo, it looks like PTC took all the WF icons and threw them in a bin, shook then up a bit and put them in a menu where they fell after throwing them up in the air.

With Creo 2.0 M010, we seem to have a fairly stable system but I am looking forward to M030 or even Creo 3.0 already. As a WF user, you shouldn't have to much trouble getting going. Just go through the tutorials for the new interface.

I'm currently running a test project on Creo 2.0, although we use WF5. The original intention was to go for Creo 1.0, but there seemed no benefit.

Creo 2.0 is a 'nice' looking piece of software but I do have a few frustrations:

• Struggling to get a config.pro AND config.sup to work together.
  • Sketcher preferences seems to have disappeared.
  • In sheet metal I get a lot of crashes when applying a flanged wall.
  • Flicking in between tabs whilst modeling and assembling is not as productive as the WF5 interface.
  • Nowhere near as stable as WF5.
  • Can't use Creo sketch (v1.0 or v2.0) on my XP machine it crashes on load, I bought a Wacom tablet to really play with the freestyle functions, so no joy there!

There are some good things though (I've only been using it for 2 weeks - so early days):

• shaded models with edges (AT LAST)
  • cosmetic thread interface dramatically improved.
  • Assembly is much easier, when you bring a part in there is a 'ball' that you can use to drag and rotate the part into position by it's degrees of freedom, then the movement options decrease as you apply constraints.

In summary, it would be beneficial to attend the update training to discover the changes and improvements. I don't think it will give you massive productivity gains, especially with the dramatic user interface change. I'm yet to start some production drawings, I've only been doing models and assemblies. I will add an update in a week or 2. Hope this helps!

Jason Boniface wrote:

• Sketcher preferences seems to have disappeared.

They were moved to File > Options > Sketcher. Also, the layout is a bit reorganised, but they are still there.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags