cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Curl a sheet along a curve

vkothari
4-Participant

Curl a sheet along a curve

curl sheet.PNG

Hello People,

I have a sheet and a 3d Curve - Continuous, smooth curve.
I intend to curl the sheet along the curve.

Please assist me with complete procedure.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:vkothari)

Hello,

Why don't you extrude a wall using the curve profil ?

I'm wondering how it can be possible to manufacture a sheet curled this way ?

Sweep

If your trajectory (blue sketch) lies in a 2D plane, it might be easiest to create an Extrude feature as Raphael suggests. From the screenshot, the curve looks like its 3D so a Sweep feature, as Antonius mentioned, might be the best approach. Here's a quick tutorial video for Sweep features: Tutorial: Creating Sweeps with Open Trajectories

vkothari
4-Participant
(To:vkothari)

Guys,

I Appreciate your time and comments.

Please note following things:

1: The sheet has perforations throughout. And few features in it as well.

2: Sweep will only generate Sheet, but not perforations. And its difficult to perform features with slots and all.

3: Extrude of 3D curve sheet, not possible guys....

4: Toroidal blend has given me results (close friend solved it)..... But not I am stuck with Merging those features with sheet.

Please provide your inputs and efficient way out.

Thanks.

Vinit.toroid.PNG

If the curve is not planar then the resulting shape will not have uniform curvature. There isn't a tool in Creo to do this. There are some warp tools that can be used, but they will not make the shape you are looking for.

Since the curvature is not uniform, the real part cannot be roll formed. If you like you can create a number of bend lines in the sheet metal package and tweak them to approximate the shape you are trying to make in the same way the fabricator will have to. You might build a mock-up using wire and a strip of paper to see what happens to the paper as it is aligned with the wire.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags