cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Curve through points question

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Curve through points question

Please explain the logic behind "Add Point" & "Delete Point" options. It does not work as I expect. After I think that I have deleted points and then go to add a new point, I find out that the last point I selected did not delete. The more I continue to add & delete the more confounded the curve becomes and I almost always have to delete the whole curve and recreate it.

Give me any suggestions that will save me from having to delete the whole curve in order to put new points in.

example: PNT17 needs to be added to the curve.

curve_through_points_issue.JPG

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Instead of trying to "add" the point - try the "Insert" option.

Select the point to Insert before (single point) PNT2 and then select the point to insert PNT17

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Instead of trying to "add" the point - try the "Insert" option.

Select the point to Insert before (single point) PNT2 and then select the point to insert PNT17

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-20197)

Thank you PTC bird , this worked. "Insert" makes perfect sense because this is essentially what I was trying to do.

I tried insert before, but I was not correctly reading the message from Pro/E, the part about select the point that you want to insert before and then select the point to be inserted.

For anyone else that was confused by this, use add and delete to make the curve longer, shorter, or to have fewer points.

Regards,

Kevin

Be aware that sometimes/most times the spline created thru the points creates a "wavy" curve. I've had better luck most times using a curve created via 2 sketches or a curve wrapped or projected onto a surface, or a curve created via the intersection of 2 surfaces.

All good techniques. I've used each one of those on my current model except the last one, but I'll be looking for the opportunity to throw it in.

I remember when I tried to create my "wavy washer" using points that the spring had a squared-off profile from the top because it went thru the points, so I discarded that method and used another and got the perfectly circular ID and OD I wanted.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags