cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Cut-outs on revolved solids

ptc-2020343
1-Newbie

Cut-outs on revolved solids

Hallo, is there a secret reason why sometimes I am able to remove material from revolved bodies and some others I am not?
5 REPLIES 5

Not sure what you mean. Can you give a little more detail?

Sure. Thank you for your kind reply. I simply revolved a sketch around an axis an I wanted to remove material with either extruded or revolved bodies after. It is a problem that has been haunting me since a long time. Fact is, some other times I can do that. And I cannot find the explanation.

Giorgio, Perhaps the reason is that the previously constructed geometry is not solid. Maybe you previously made revolved surfaces thinking they were solid. If your sketches/curves cannot be made solid pro-e assumes your intent is for a surface. One way to quickly check is to do a cross section. Regards, Mike

You are damn right. I should have thought it before. Problem is, sketch tools in pro-e are very poor. Even poorer on version 2. So there is no way to check if a sketch is closed, right?

From Wildfire 4 and on you can check that.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags