cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Datum attachment to FCS

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Datum attachment to FCS

In Wildfire2, we were able to attach a datum to the FCS of a dimension. In Creo2, we cannot figure out how to duplicate that. I have attached viiews showing WF2 on top and Creo2 on the bottom of what we get. Does anyone have some suggestions on how we can get Creo to give us what we had with WF?

2 views of GDT flag.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

You should be able to use the "in gtol" under the datum properties.

datum-model.jpg

I tried this in C2M040.  Logic states that you should be able to attach the datum tag to the FCS... so I tried when the FCS was attached to a dimension.  Creo selects the dimension, not the FCS.  So try making the FCS with a leader... the datum tag can be associated with the FCS properly.  Now try re-assigning the FCS to the dimension and the option is missing.  I have a feeling you need to go through the annotation element process to "construct" this feature.

I always have the dumb version of the datum tag.  That solves all my Creo GD&T issues.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I didn't have any trouble with it using the in GTOL option.

Even in the drawing, when I deliberately try to attach it to the dimension, once it had the FCS, it would only attach to it. I had a previous example on the same drawing where it was attached to the dimension.

datum-fcs.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I just noticed...I don't like that you are making the cylinder datum -A- but holding it to datum -B-.

Pet peeve of mine...as long as you are not making a circular reference it's all good.

LOL, if you look at my example, i'm making datum -a- reference back to back datum -c-...somtimes you have to do it the way you are told...Smiley Very Happy

Top Tags