cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Dialog box opening behind main window

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Dialog box opening behind main window

Am I the only one, or do others have it where the dialog box (i.e. when you do a Save As, Edit text, or other things that require a pop-up box) opens behind the window you are currently working on. Sometime I'll wait for a short while for it to open, only to do an Alt-Tab and find it has been open waiting for me. It just opened up behind the window being called from instead of above?

Thanks,

Dale

9 REPLIES 9

Yes, this is part of that "fit and finish" PTC hasn't mastered yet.

Same problem with dialog boxes where critical terms are truncated due to the narrow width of the cell, and not being able to stretch it in many cases. Remembering cell length would be nice too when we adjust it to our needs.

The whole Creo UI is buggy, or at the very least, poorly vetted... so much so that no one is even bothering to report it to CS (SC will tell you to post it in IDEAS). And there is no other avenue to report these shortcomings. Expect to live with this for quite some time.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Antonius,

Is this still happening for you? I still see it a fair amount.

Thanks, Dale

Nothing has changed in recent updates.

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Yes I have the same problem, and I am running the latest build of Creo 2 M030, and it still hasn't been fixed.

I use a window called TOOL PATH INFO within manufacturing when I run the CL PLAYER, and it is the same, as soon as I start the play button on the CL player, the TOOL PATH INFO window goes behind.

This isn't a big fix, I have done windows programming before, it would be a windows parameter, simple to change, I even thought about having a go myself, don't know why PTC hasn't done it, might have a look over xmas myself.

and on the new interface, in manufacturing there are window in which i need to enter text, but the window is so small, and there is no scroll bars, I am forced to copy and cut, then paste into notepad to edit, then past back into the window. real productivity...... PTC.....

Peter

I have see this happen frequently in rename also. You open the rename dialog box. Change the name. Click "OK". Wait and wait and wait and wait. The click on the box again and magically the done box appears as if it has been sitting there forever waiting for you.

it seems there are some real issues with quality of the software being delivered, the proe versions were far better with less bugs and much more stable.....

one issue which i have faced is with save a copy in assembly..the window opens so big that the bottom of the window with generate copy option is not visible..i opened a case with TS..they first told me about resolution has to abe a min. of 1280X1024....and then i told to add a scroll bar..they asked me to submit it in product ideas...this is crazy!

I do understand your frustration with the window, Rohit. Indeed, most new laptops, even high end workstations come standard with 900 vertical resolution. I was only fortunate enough to upgrade to the 1080 version. In this case, I agree that PTC didn't keep up with technology. The -best- solution for this and many other dialogs is to make the windows drag-enabled with memory on select windows. But in the very least, with absolute minimal effort, the dialog could be limited to fill the screen rather than a fixed size. I hope someone with corporate clout brings this up for future enhancements.

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Since I posted above, I had a contact with one of our support people from Leap Australia, they look after our service contract, he suggested recording map keys to open the common windows used, that way you can position them to open where you want them to, a bit of a poor band aid and still doesn't stop windows going behind.

I have tried it, and it kind of works, but still ins't a fix for the underlying problem.

Peter

Is there any update for this issue? So many times throughout the day this happens 30X plus!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags