cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Display the FULL Break boundary lines (s-shape/heart-shape) in a broken view

cliu
1-Newbie

Display the FULL Break boundary lines (s-shape/heart-shape) in a broken view

Hi,

I have opened this case for a technical support from PTC. The following was responsed by a technician:

"As I informed you that, this functionality is currently not available in Creo parametric or Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire; however you can file an enhancement request for that. Use this link to file a request."

Does someone know how to display the FULL break boundary linese in a broken view?

Parameter/setting that can display the FULL Break boundary lines (s-shape/heart-shape) in a broken view

11 REPLIES 11
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:cliu)

This is what you can do with broken views:

broken_view_options.JPG

...from the help files under "broken view"

Thanks, Antonius Dirriwachter.

Unfortunately my question is for to show the FULL break line for a frame like this. There are only BREAK LINES over the parts having "material", no BREAK boundary at all over the part no "material".

Untitled.png

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Doesn't the 4th option give you that? S-curve drawn to view extents

I have tried all options. That's why I open a case with PTC.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

If you share post your CAD file, i can give it a try later this evening. If not, I will try it with a simple model later.

I don't know how to upload the models. It's a simple frame.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Wow! You are not kidding. the whole broken view interface is seriously broken.

Get the files from this thread and have a look at the "on geometry" that was done in Creo 1.0 and it worked well, but you will never be able to re-create it in 2.0.

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/39436

Someone really hosed that one big time. It makes gaps huge even when you use a slight offset; it does not recognize a change in the type as a change so you don't get a apply or okay prompt.

And they told you it works as expected? Escalate!

Yes. PTC told me that the way Creo works!

Antonius Dirriwachter wrote:

This is what you can do with broken views:

broken_view_options.JPG

...from the help files under "broken view"

The way I undertsand the image is that the middle 2 views relate to the dialog as you create it. This does happened when you are creating the breaks. It is a poor exuse for a dialog, but it does do this on a fresh break definition. What is not clear is why the help files shows the "interface" view -together- or -shrunk-. in the "results" images on the bottom row, it shows what you would expect, a missing section, but in fact, the views DO NOT MAINTAIN POSITION (that is the bigger bug). The views actually seem to move apart on acceptance of the broken view. This is very problematic.

If you want a work around for this, just put a large sheet of solid material behind your part and let it break also. Then you will have the break line across the entire view. You know, utilize the WORK AROUND feature

Thank you very much for your input. I still think PTC should do some changes.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I will try to report the view moving away after the break lines are selected. I may wait until M040 is released. This is not desired behavior. I have not found a way to reliably restore the alignment in the direction of the break. I will post it here as well.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags