cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Does "Blend From File" still exist in Creo?

aeromorrison
1-Newbie

Does "Blend From File" still exist in Creo?

Hi all,

I'm currently running Creo 2.0 and I'm looking for the Blend From File command. I've used the Command Search tool, and I can only locate Curve From File. Has this command disappeared in Creo?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Du'h!

Go to the ribbon, right click, customize and add "commands not in the ribbon" and there you will find "Blend from File". Put it in the ribbon and you have the old style dialog.

That learning exchange tutorial really is misleading. What a shame!

Almost like PTC is moving us away from the old ways rather than bringing these commands up to date.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you have access to Learning Exchange, yes, there is a tutorial:

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/861/create-a-blend-from-a-text-file

They use "MODEL tab/GET DATA group/IMPORT(under the down arrow)" and select the .ibl file.

Thank you for responding. I'm certainly aware of this approach, but it doesn't actually create any surfaces--only curves. I'm pretty sure that there used to be a command in Pro/E that would read in the .ibl file and create a surface in a single step. It was something like Insert>Advanced>Blend From File. I used Pro/E quite a bit a few years ago and I did this regularly.

For simpler sets of curves, inserting curves from a file and then adding a boundary blend works (like the Learning Exchange example). However, with large .ibl files with hundreds of curves, this extra step of having to manually select every single curve to actually make a surface is very time consuming.

That is troubling then. Since the tutorial was put out by PTC, someone in their ultimate wisdom probably decided that the old functionality just didn't fit the ribbon space (if indeed it is now defunct).

I would put in a service request to answer for this. If you can, provide both the old method example (trail file and master files for CS) and a link to the tutorial for Creo.

"Someone" owes you an answer either way.

Du'h!

Go to the ribbon, right click, customize and add "commands not in the ribbon" and there you will find "Blend from File". Put it in the ribbon and you have the old style dialog.

That learning exchange tutorial really is misleading. What a shame!

Almost like PTC is moving us away from the old ways rather than bringing these commands up to date.

Oh, wow! I was certain that I had used the command search tool and came up empty. I see it now though, as well as several other useful commands. I managed to find it in the Help file as well which says "Step 1, Add the command to the desired user-defined group on the ribbon..."

It would be nice if the Ribbon had an additional 'overflow' area where you could see everything that is available in a particular group. There are something like 50 commands nont included on the Ribbon. It's also interesting that even after adding a command to the ribbon it still shows up in the "Not in the Ribbon" listing.

Thank you.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags