cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Edge Display not working for swept blend

SiHa
4-Participant

Edge Display not working for swept blend

I have a swept blend creating an internal taper that I need to dimension in the drawing. To do so, I need to show these lines as hidden.

I am trying to do so using the Edge Display function, and this works for other internal edges, but for the swept blend, it only shows one edge (see pictures). This carries through to the exported PDF - only one edge is shown

Any ideas why this is?

After hitting 'Done'After hitting 'Done'When SelectedWhen Selected

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SiHa)

I could reproduce the problem. Not sure how to get it so show with the edge display though.

Maybe cut a x-section or use hidden line display in the view?

hidden-swept.jpg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Can you share the part file?

SiHa
4-Participant
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Sure. I've attached a copy with all our corporate stuff stripped out.

Interestingly, I noticed when checking that the problem still occurs with this part, that in the drawing this occurs on the 'Top' view, but not the 'Front'

Is this something to do with the way swept blends segments the circle so it can be swept?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I could reproduce the problem. Not sure how to get it so show with the edge display though.

Maybe cut a x-section or use hidden line display in the view?

hidden-swept.jpg

dschenken
21-Topaz I

It is not a recommended practice to dimension to hidden lines, so creating a section is the most workable approach.

As to why these lines aren't showing up (and since I'm unable to open the file you posted) I would guess that it's a flaw in the discovery of the silhouette start. Perhaps a small change to the part accuracy would help out. An alternative would be to rotate the failed view around the axis by a small amount to move the evaluation.

SiHa
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

Thanks for the point about it not being recommended practice. Unfortunately, I've picked up the CREO mantle after our Mech designer was made redundant. The last time I did any CAD was when I did my degree 30 years ago, so I'm having to relearn a lot. I do still have my copies of "Engineering Drawing Practice for Schools and Colleges" though...

A section is the way to go, I think

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Drawings are by far the worst part of Creo. Good luck.

Based on your model, I would use a x-section to detail it.

SiHa
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thanks. I have done a X-section, and all looks good.

Smiley Happy

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

I was able to achieve what you were trying to do: Use Pick from List and select the appropriate edge to do this.
Top Tags