cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Engraving Font Resolution

jeuclide
4-Participant

Engraving Font Resolution

Does anyone know how to change the font resolution when engraving? I use the "font" in the drop down menu which gives the text single line to follow when using a single point tool. The problem from an aesthetic point of view is that when the font gets large say .500"or larger the round curves of say a "0" or "P" ect. get pointed or not a nice round look to them. Is there a way to change the smoothing of the line somehow? Tried to with no luck.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:jeuclide)

Jeff,

Try the leroy font. It gives you nice rounded O and 0 for engraving. I have my level of detail set very high and they still look pointy with font or isofont.

Steve

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You can change your level of detail (lod) in your options or environment. Tools, options or tools, environment.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:jeuclide)

Jeff,

Try the leroy font. It gives you nice rounded O and 0 for engraving. I have my level of detail set very high and they still look pointy with font or isofont.

Steve

Fonts are just line segments defined in a grid of 63x63. The default font uses 16x16 grid where as Leroy used the full 63x63. Unfortunately TrueType, does not allow single line fonts.

Hi Jeff....

Did you try an alternative font with a small style like cal_alf? That's one of the standard fonts we've used before. See if it works for you...

Thanks!

-Brian

jeuclide
4-Participant
(To:BrianMartin)

Thanks guys. Looks like the Leroy font works much better!!!

Jeff

Hi,

Have a look at my "idea" concerning "font" typograpy: http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/1284

Thank you in advance for your vote 🙂

Best regards

Nicolas

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags