cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Ensuring all parts in assembly have balloons

gmcfadden
2-Guest

Ensuring all parts in assembly have balloons

Is there a tool in creo to aid in verifying that all components in an assembly drawing have an attached balloon or any method to automate the review process to help catch missing balloons?

7 REPLIES 7

Not something directly available.

I can't confirm but a toolkit application may help. 

Pity, I got used to that functionality in other cad packages, figured creo would have something similar

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:gmcfadden)

@gmcfadden wrote:

Is there a tool in creo to aid in verifying that all components in an assembly drawing have an attached balloon or any method to automate the review process to help catch missing balloons?

If you have one of the appropriate tabs activated you can select the repeat region row and the corresponding bom balloon will highlight. Not an automated method however you can fairly quickly check all rows.

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:gmcfadden)

Interesting question; I don't know of a tool available out of the box, way, but one way would be to save the sheet as an image file, then use the issue the "Create Balloons" by view command.  It will put into the view any balloons that were deleted.  Note: if a balloon was erased, then this won't work.  And if the information spans more than one sheet, then it's also not appropriate method...

Anyway, you can then compare the drawing to what you saved in step 1 in order to fine-tune the newly shown balloons.  ee also:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/Comparing-2D-Drawings/m-p/107450

http://www.proesite.com/newframe.htm?/Tips/drawing-rev-compare.htm

I  create a temporary view and "show by view" and see what shows up.

Hello,

When I make assembly drawings I always use balloons in many views. So I always use the "show balloons per view" tool. Then I create balloons by drawing view to visualize the balloons of the pieces that do not have balloons in the other view or that were erased. In each view I define the balloons that I want to show so when I show the balloons in another view only the balloons of the remaining parts appear. Be careful that when you display all the balloons and repeat the balloons display tool, a window appears with a message that says something like this: show the balloons of the pieces already displayed again. Then you must click the cancel option to not repeat the balloons.

abustamante

Just watch out for "erased" balloons - those you have to find by switching to the Annotated tab, and then reviewing the list of Annotations in each view (in the Drawing Tree).  Or does someone know of a way to search for "erased" items?

show_balloons_caveat.png

Top Tags