cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flipping model without using mirror function

Level 4

Flipping model without using mirror function

Hi All,
I want to flip my entire model (mirror) with respect to top plane in Creo 2.0. I am facing issue regarding feature failure (depended features are failing) if I am flipping first feature.

Is there any possibilities that I can flip my entire model with respect to plane and co-ordinates?

I have attached snapshots simple example of actual model and required model for better understanding. This is very simple example and I have to do this for very complex models.

So any help will be great.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
Level 17

Re: Flipping model without using mirror function

Hi,

in CR3 you can use:

• in Part mode File > Save As > Mirror Part ... the symmetry is executed about the XY plane of default coordinate system, you cannot select mirror plane
  • in Assembly mode, select Create in Component group under Model tab and select Part as Type and Mirror as Sub-type > OK

MH

Martin Hanák
Level 4

I know that option is available in CR3. But currently I am using CR2.

Level 17

Hi,

in CR2 you can use Assembly mode variant.

MH

Martin Hanák
Level 17

Hi,

• create new empty assembly
  • assemble your component

• mirror the component using following steps
  • click Create in Component group under Model tab

• select Part as Type and Mirror as Sub-type

• click OK
  • set Mirror geometry with features
  • select part
  • select mirroring reference

• click OK

• select assembly, this action saves mirrored part, too

MH

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Find out more about LiveWorx, the Digital Transformation Conference. __________________________ Creo 5.0 Sneak Peek Creo 5.0 is scheduled for release in March 2018, but we’re giving an early opportunity for Creo users who don’t want to wait! In the Creo 5.0 Sneak Peek you’ll be able to test enhancements before the official release.

Fill out the Creo 5.0 Sneak Peek Sign Up Form For questions, please reach to SneakPeek@ptc.com